Monday, July 16, 2007

The Story Grooowwwsss—July 16, 2007

 

 

We held the 6th Annual Grady Paul Larson Memorial Softball Tournament this weekend and it could not have been better! The Lord blessed us with beautiful weather, a great crowd, and twelve teams.

I was able to go around and talk to people attending the games, to some of the players, and soak up some great fellowship. It was great fun!

We raised about 2/3 of the coast of the Make-A-Wish trip, around $4400.00, which was lower than what we had hoped but the contacts we made and the lives the Lord touched through this tournament were worth all the efforts! We really praise Him for all He has done!

I have a bad habit of forgetting to put sunscreen on so I am red as a lobster, again and all that fellowshippin' wears me out! I love it as it is happening but when it is over I am drained to the very bottom of my being and need to quiet down time to recover. But I do love it!

Now to the story... I have mentioned in the past being frustrated with material within seven to ten pages of writing and not being able to move forward with the story. The other night\morning I was able to get three pages of outline completed and, upon review, the story is a good one and the ideas keep coming! Praise the Lord! I now have SEVEN, count them, SEVEN pages just in the outline! WOW! I am so pumped right now! I can't wait to get home and start working on this again!

I need character names, a map, and names for the locations on the map but the ideas for the story just keep coming!

Even if this story never goes anywhere as far as being publish or sold, it will mean so much to me to get a whole story written. I feel confident that once I have done one complete story, the process will be easier for the next story. Not the writing or the actual work, but I will have had experience putting together a whole novel so I could then use that as a template for future work! Cool!

And work it will be! Getting the ideas and the outline, though time consuming, is the easy part…I now have to write the story. I have to make the characters come to life with personality and struggles. I need to create scenes that are believable and place the reader in the scene. I need to create a plot line that will draw the reader into the story and not let go! This excites me and scares me at the same time! I am excited because I really believe I can do it and it scares me because can I REALLY do it? Won't know unless I try! I try I will! I am ready to work. The next objective is to see if I can find a permanent home for my writing work. I have to clean up my mess after each writing session and this is a pain. A nice office space would be wonderful, to just spread out and not have to worry about starting over each day. Oh well, that is another story!

Bye for now! I will keep ya'll posted!

May the Lord guide you to His will!

No comments: