Monday, September 24, 2007

A Word of Encouragement

About a month ago I signed up on a website (for free!) that allows me to enter short stories (150-750 words) in a contest. I don't enter the contests to win but as another avenue to improve my writing. (I will say you do have to win to move onto the next level though) There is a new writing prompt each week and I have now submitted two stories. If you have taken the time to read my bio you will remember that some good friends of mine encouraged me to start wrtiting a couple fo years ago. I have messed around with it since then and and have a lot of, well, nothing. Oh, I do have some story ideas in that heap but nothing that I have really put my heart into but I have enjoyed the process. The real problem is that I have not been diligent with my writing. To improve in anything you attempt takes practice. Though I don't believe that you will become perfect if you practice enough I do believe you will imporve, getting better with each passing day. This is where I think my problem is, I am holding myself back by not being consistant with writing. With this said I have been looking for ways that will encourage me to write more so that I can imporve. The answer has been FatihWriters.com. It is free and easy and you get wonderful feed back from other participants. As Imentioned I have submitted two articles and have had very nice comments back from other writers and this has been a great encouragement to me! Two things I have noticed about these two submissions: 1) I have been passionate about them, they touched me personally and deeply in one way or another; 2) I have been able to improve from one submission to another. My latest submission, "A Glass of Milk With God" picked up the best "reveiews I have had so far and I can;t tell you how this excites me and motivates me to do better! If you are interested in improving your writing or just getting more exposure to your writing in a non-threatening way, check out FaithWriters.com! It is worth the effort! Keep fighting the good fight! Bye

No comments: