Saturday, March 8, 2008

A Journey’s End – March 8, 2008

I am getting closer. I had hoped to reach my destination long ago but I am now in sight of the end. The work on my office is almost completed.

I was thinking about this the other day and I couldn't remember when the idea first came into being. I have wanted my own space for forever but the reality that is my office space is a memory I can't recall.

I don't have pictures at the moment but I will once it is completed.

This past week I was able to get the last of the drywall put up and the joints mudded. I have had to put three coats on the walls to cover them properly and if it were scrutinized by someone of a professional background I'm sure it would not pass, in fact I fully expect some constructive criticism from my father who will be coming over Wednesday of this next week. Nevertheless, when all is said and done I will have my little haven and I fully intend to begin to write in earnest. I have been toying with a few ideas that will go into my first story.

I want to take the pieces that I have developed so far, spread them out and see if any of the parts that would fit together into a storyline that is not currently there. This is the exciting part of writing for me: Creation!

Once the office is completed and I begin writing I will start using this blog for its originally intended purpose: keeping you up to date with any progress I make.

Speaking of creativity, Alyssa has her play this next week thus the main reason for my folks visiting. They will come over Wednesday and dad will help me to finish the office, Lord willing. We will attend the play Thursday night and mom and dad will leave Friday afternoon.

On Saturday, Mike and Betty will come over and we will do the whole thing over again with the exception of the work in the office.

I am excited about writing and can't wait to have my office completed!

As I have said before, I don't what will happen with my writing but it would be a lie to say that it doesn't matter to me because it does.

I would love to get published. In fact I would love to become prolific in my writing. I will say that if I could even complete a novel and even if it never gets out the front door, I will have a great sense of satisfaction just having completed it. I am ready to roll!

 

Good-bye for now!

 

No comments: