Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Week of May 25, 2008 Writing Update…

It was another incredibly busy week. I am hoping this next week will be a bit less hectic.

Nonetheless, I was able to get a bit done on my story this past week,

I was sorely disappointed that I was not as productive as I was last week but I am proud of the fact I over came my lethargy to get some writing done.

I started with one scene that I wanted to add but it tanked and I only got one page. I am reviewing this scene to see if I really need it so it may not even exist in the near future.

I then came up with some things that needed to be included in the story and so I was able to pull out four more pages. Not what I was hoping for but then again, I wrote.

One benefit for not having already posted this week is that I can add the fact that I did come up with thirteen more scenes last night so I now have a total of eighteen scenes to flesh out. I think that is cool! There is some sort of formula about how many words your novel will be and the number of characters and the number of scenes each character should have but I am not that organized at this point so I am winging it. There have been a number of times I just wanted to chuck the whole thing but I persevered and it continues to move forward.

Missing names are starting to surface, I have a line on some cool bad guys and I have a chorus of heroes that are ready to march! I have an end goal now and I have the freedom to change the whole thing! All in all I am feeling like things are progressing nicely if not as quickly as I would have liked!

(I really wanted to have a full novel the first day. I feel it's good to set lower goals so they are easier to attain!)

I am also preparing a study in the book of James for Sunday School which starts this Sunday so that also has been taking my time but I think it will be fun! I am learning already and can't wait to see what God will teach us through the book of James. I fully anticipate feeling less worthy than I already do! LOL! Good thing God is merciful and full of grace.

Well, that about sums up the past week. Logan has at least three more baseball games this weekend so I don't know what story writing will hold. The only thing I do know is that I am anxious to get started.

I know it looks like I am just a weekend warrior but that is just how my time has panned out so far.

 

Good bye for now. Go in the grace of God.

No comments: