Monday, August 18, 2008

Post Post -- August 18, 2008

 

I want to update you on a couple of items.

1)  Alyssa did get her license and has been driving (oddly enough) and due to her being a girl AND getting good grades, our insurance will only go up $20\month. THat is good news indeed!

2) The kids are registered for school and they start Wednesday.

3) I read Kelly's blog the other day and I was SHOCKED to learn they started school LAST Tuesday! WOW!

I am almost done with the study in the book of James for Sunday School. It has been a good class but challenging for me (I hope for the others as well, but it has been for me for sure!)

Now that I will be off the teaching schedule for a while I am doing a study in John and I am trying to get my hands firmly around doctrine. I want to understand doctrine better.

What I really want to achieve is to become a better thinker.  But I am not doing this just to gain knowledge. Knowledge by itself can puff up and make one arrogant. My desire is to understand God's word better, apply it to my life so I can better server those around me.

Keep fighting the good fight, know God and obey the Word.

4 comments:

Jenna said...

Basic Theology by Charles C. Ryrie is a good place to start on doctrine...it's really well laid out topically.

And Alyssa can drive?! Oy!

Greg said...

Oy! Is right! She is doing a great job so far, however!
I actually have that book plus Lewis Spaerry Chaffer's 52 Bible Themes book. It looks more intimidating than Ryrie's though.
Thanks for the tip! I always appreciate a reference to a good book!
Does this mean you're back from the Boundry Waters? I hope you had a good time!

Greg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I hear you finally noticed Alyssa's pierced ears, too!