Friday, July 11, 2008

Preening in Pride -- July 11, 2008

I finished my second article today, finally. It took me longer than I expected because I want to make each new article better than the last. So I went to work rewriting and rewriting. I wondered if I was being too picky but I was not happy with the article when I finished the first copy but I did like my idea so I went paragraph by paragraph, yes even sentence by sentence and rewrote the whole thing.

I don't say it's award winning but I enjoyed writing it so much and I think I did alright.  I will have to see how good a rating it gets.

Though I still struggle with stretching out plot lines beyond the first twenty pages, I still can not get the excitement of building a world, a character, a plot...a story that stirs my heart! But as my article indicates, I have one enemy that I must face and defeat...Complacency.

I let complacency rule and it is squashing my work. It's time to draw the sword of discipline!

TO BATTLE!--

Fare thee well, fellow warriors!

No comments: