Sunday, April 8, 2007

The Day After—April 9, 2007

Oh Lord our God so loving and caring

You came to die our sins fully bearing

 

You paid the price so we could live

There was nothing more You could give

 

Without Your help we all would be lost

We will never be able to know the cost

 

But the grave was no end for You Oh God

Death could not keep you under the sod

 

Rising again You removed death's sting

Now in our hearts great joy and gladness ring.

 

Holy Week is now over and usually this means that my thoughts of Easter are put away until next year like the Easter baskets and pastel colors of the season. It is so easy for me to take for granted what God has so richly lavished on us. Ephesians chapter 1 is a wonderful outline for what God has done for us in Christ Jesus. I believe that we are still unable to fully comprehend what He REALLY has done for us, but it gives us a taste of what we have in Christ.

This year is different. Easter is gone but the Holy Spirit will not leave me alone to move on…and I am so excited about that!

This past week has presented many new and unusual challenges spiritually.

I have almost fully come out of a dark funk that God has used to draw me closer to Him, I had a minor run-in with an atheist, and briefly slipped back into that funk. But God…But God has taught me to trust Him and to bring all things before His throne of grace and through the painful lessons learned I have been able, this very night, to praise God with a full heart!

I am no poet but I have been reading A. W. Tozer's "Knowledge of The Holy" (HIGHLY recommended by the way!) and there a number of poems directed at the heart of God that have stirred me and as I was on my walk tonight, praying and meditating on God's word these words came to me. If you write poetry or even have some knowledge of it I apologize but I just needed to get the words out! Form was not so important to me but I would not turn a deaf ear to any constructive criticisms either! LOL!

God has taken the events of Matthew 26-28 and opened my eyes to see so many wonderful treasures stored in those few brief passages. Not hidden but you won't find them unless you seek. If you knock it will be opened to you. God wants us to seek Him out. He is always there for us and will not forsake us but He wants us to seek after Him. He can and will be found but we need to put forth the effort. Just as in a friendship or marriage we don't just sit around hoping that the relationship will grow and get better. No indeed, we need to put forth effort and sometimes it is hard and sometimes it takes us away from what we really would like to be doing. The reward is peace beyond understanding, transcending what we can comprehend. Joy unspeakable! But it is not easy! It takes work.

When I find myself distracted and drawn away by this world, doing things I want to do or things I think will bring peace, I soon find out that I am stuck in a hole that only my God can get me out of. He sometimes uses His word and sometimes other people to help; or maybe a combination of these items but He always is waiting for us to turn back to Him and what He offers: true peace, true happiness, true joy. Isn't this what we are all seeking to some degree? God offers it to us free of charge.

 

OK I am done for now. I have a bunch more to write but I think that I could actually spread this out over a few blog sessions instead of trying to cram my whole heart into one blog!

 

Good bye for now! Fight the good fight and turn to God for ALL things! He cares and is waiting for you.

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: