Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Writing but with A Difference – June 10, 2008

After a couple of weeks of not being able to work much on my story I determined to write at least some this week. Since I took today off from work I thought that this would be the perfect day for writing.

I have had a desire that has been growing within for a long time now and that desire is to write for a living. I am blessed to have a growing list of friends who have been encouraging me in this desire but I am still…afraid. I don't know what exactly what it is that I am afraid of but there is some fear that I must overcome. For sure I have a fear of my mechanical abilities—spelling and grammar -- have never been a strong point but that is because I have not had really tried, at least since high school. There is a lot I do not remember.

I also am afraid of how to start. Actually this is more of a fear of how and where to start but it adds to the anxiety. As much as I hate to admit this one, I am afraid of what people think of me because of my writing. When I write I really get to the heart of things and that can touch a cord with some. This cord can produce all sorts of emotions and these emotions can cause debate and I have lived my life avoiding debates, I don't even like to watch them. I have to say that this is getting better and when I do write I feel…bolder, as I'm sure others do but even though I am improving in this area it is still scary putting yourself out there for all to see.

I signed up for another web based writing site called Helium. It's free and easy to get up and running.

They have a variety subjects for me to write about and I am evaluated by other writers and this determines what kind of ranking I get. It is a great way to improve my writing skills.

There are also opportunities to write for money. There are articles to be written that allow me to make some extra cash. This is right in line with what I would love to do.

All in all I am writing and it is freeing to me. I now want to gain the confidence that my writing is good and consistent.

I am excited and I believe this may be a direction the Lord wants me to go.

 

Thank you for reading and may the Lord guide you in the path you should go.

 

Bye!

No comments: