Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Odds and Ends; Bits and Pieces -- Dec. 15, 2008

On Friday last I was able to put to rest the truck's registration problems. It was easy but it would have been a lot cheaper if I had not forgotten in the first place. I still need to pay my fine but I am driving legally once again. It's amazing how stressed I was the two days I had to drive before I was able to get the new sticker. I can't imagine ever committing a real crime! Oh, I forgot to tell you! I was pulled over on Thursday by a Cedar Rapids officer for the same thing but he took pity on me since I had just received a ticket on Tuesday. I was very relieved, to say the least. But now it's over until next year!

We are close to being done with Christmas shopping. A few more tidbits and we will be done. Kim went to town the other night and wrapped the gifts we had that she could wrap.

Kim made caramels on Saturday and we cut and wrapped those Sunday. I'm fearful that there will not be enough  tough since there are only 254, so there will be a little less for everyone this year! LOL! (We'll probably still be eating caramels in June!)

I made one batch of fudge so far and intend to make two more, probably tonight night. We don't have anything planned and it's snowed a goodly amount so fudge making sounds like a great plan!

We are looking forward to some family time! Friday night we'll be at mom and dad's for our "Christmas Eve" dinner, always good! And on Saturday we'll have "Christmas". Mom and I like to watch A Christmas Carol one night or the other so I have that to look forward to as well.

The following weekend, Dec. 28 to be exact, we are heading for Ames once again, this time for Christmas with Kim's family. We like to split our weekends so we can spend as much time with our respective families as possible. We feel that even a drive across town dampens the time with family and just adds another layer of stress that is not needed. When we stay for a whole weekend with one family we don't have to worry  about packing up and heading for wherever we're staying that particular weekend. It's one less thing to think about, thus less stress.

I plan to bring my laptop to Ames this weekend and try to keep up with the articles I have been writing. I got one more submitted and have one more almost ready to submit. I have a 90% of my articles that are in the top 25% which is so encouraging to me! I don't mean to toot my own horn but it is simply exciting and encouraging to have a regular good review! I was planning to finish it yesterday but I had to sacrifice my plans for the good of the caramels.

Well, I think that's all the odds-n-ends for now...

WAIT! I forgot. Our computer has started going south, and unless I miss my guess, it is not going with the intent to come home! I'm going to try to repair or reinstall the operating system and see if that fixes the problem. If it doesn't I really hope that the "users" have their valuables backed up! I try to stress that with them but it does not always work out that way.  We'll see. We really need a new computer but right now it is not in the budget. The funny part about this is that fact that the computer is really no longer just a luxury but a necessity. The kids do so much homework on it that it has really become a needful item. We'll see about that too.

Well, Bye for now!

No comments: