Saturday, December 27, 2008

Preview of Christmas No. III -- Dec. 27, 2008

Writing anything of a personal nature, such as this blog, would be missing the mark if I failed to mention the big birthday boy! December 27, 1996 Grady was born! What a wild year that was in Christmas memories!

Since We live in Cedar Rapids we actually become the center of all traveling activity. All our relatives live within three hours of us north, south, east, and west. I should correct that to "used to live" as Kim's grandparents have since moved from Burlington to Ames, but we used to be that "center of the universe" stopping spot.

Anyway, that year Kim could not travel so we had to have everyone come to our house. My folks came during Christmas, hoping Kim would produce a new little Larson while they were with us, but alas, they went home on Dec. 26th disappointed.

My In-Laws then came for Round II and Grady was finally born on Dec. 27. (I am not being so specific with the In-Laws because I don't remember the exact timing of their visit, just that my family left the day before Grady was born!)

All that to say that if Grady were still with us he would have been 12 today. I certainly wonder what he would be like but it is not to be. The Lord had better plans for that youngster so we celebrate with a heavy heart.

Now onto Christmas III, The Bowman Family! This, the final act in our Three part Christmas, is in danger as of this morning. The weather in the Ames area is producing ice today, making travel unsafe so Brian and Colleen might have to come and stay with us tonight but that is still unclear. I'm sure that would not be the first choice since moving from one "hotel" to another with three young children is not the ideal situation!

Also among the threats is the stomach flu. The two little girls had it earlier and Hayden picked it up yesterday. When G-ma talked to them on the phone this morning Hayden was not up yet so it was uncertain his current condition.

All in all, there will be at least some changes to the plans for Christmas III. More adventure!

I will let you all know what the outcome of this most exciting cliffhanger will be late next week. As for today, I am on call but, as history has borne out, it has been quiet. I'm hoping it will remain quiet but now that Father-In-Law has a high speed internet connection, I can do my work from there. That is a great relief on my mind.

Well, for now I will leave you but hope to have more to share in the coming days!

OH I ALMOST FORGOT! I posted another article out on Helium.com today about "The Unpardonable Sin". Check it out if you have time and, as always, I welcome any feed back!

Bye!

No comments: