Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Twists Make Life Interesting! -- Dec. 23, 2008

As I took a look at my Paid Time Off (PTO) bank before the Christmas I decided to be frugal with the time I took off over the Christmas. (By the way, how PTO works is that I get about 13 hours of Paid time off every two weeks. This bank of time off is used for all time off purposes: Vacation, holidays, and sick days. You can use it however you choose but when it's gone, it's gone. I am allowed to accumulate up to 480 hours but, as you might imagine, that takes a LONG time!)

Anyway, back to the story. I had decided to just take the 25th off (actually this is a mandatory day off unless you get permission from your boss. Like who'd do that?!) and for our Bowman Christmas, the 29th and 30th off.

So I would be working Dec 24 and 26; and working Dec 31 and Jan 2. As time has drawn nearer I decided I deserved a four day weekend so I would ask for the 2nd off as well. What a great way to end 2008 and bring in 2009!

Then it hit me! WAIT! I cried, That means I only have ONE day to work next week! This is silly! In an impressive display of executive decision making I decided to scrub the whole time off thing and re-submit it taking the whole week off. I think it is a brilliant idea but only if the boss agrees to my request!

So this story is just another of those little twists that make life so interesting!

Bye!

No comments: