Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Just Plain Frivolity! -- Jan. 6, 2008

Unlike my usual posts today I do not have anything earthshaking to share with all of you out there. Normally, my posts are full of useful information and witty and whimsical prose that you cannot bear to wait for! This time, however, I just feel like banging out a few words just for the sake of writing. I hope you're not too disappointed...

We are already six days into the new year and I have not written '2008' on anything yet. (Well, except for that 2008 I just wrote here and that one there...other than that, I have not written 2008. (OPPS! I did it again!) That fact, in and of itself is most unusual. It usually takes me 4-6 months before I'm over that little problem. Anyway, the year has started out somewhat quietly work-wise. I have a couple carry-over projects from last year (2008...There it is AGAIN!) but there is still a long ways to go before I really have an in-depth part to play but I must be involved now so I know how to implement my portion of the project.

MY calendar looks pretty empty but Alyssa's...that is a whole other story! She is a busy girl! At least she can drive! If she was still a non-driver, MY calendar would be much busier too! And speaking of driving, this is the year Logan can get his learner's permit! YIKES! is all I have to say! (At least I didn't write 2008 again! CRUD!)

It looks like we will be doing the GPL Foundation Pancake Breakfast the third week of February this year. If you're going to be around, come on out for some pancakes. We do not charge a thing but we do take donations. We use this event to help with the expenses of our summer softball tournament. It is always a good time. (Unless, of course, there is an ice storm like we had two years ago.)

I am co-teaching with Pastor Bryan in Sunday School on a few of the parables. They are really something! I have never really taken much time to study them prior to this class and they are full of great lessons! I did the "Pharisee and the Tax Collector" last Sunday and plan to teach on the parable of the "Rich Man and Lazarus" this coming Sunday. At this point I will also teach on Feb. first but I don't know what parable I will teach on then, at this point.

Well, I think that sums up 2009 so far. I hope you and yours are having a wonderful new year and that the Lord would bless your plans as you leave them in His hands this brand new shiny year!

Bye!

No comments: