Friday, January 23, 2009

The Stress Factor -- Jan. 23, 2009

I discovered this week that stress is a killer of thinking. I had the opportunity to be under an unusual amount of high stress this past week and I found that my mind shut down all major functionality except the bare necessities: Breathing, pumping blood, etc. (I am grateful for that!) But everything else was black. Nasty business for certain! But I have learned from the past and from that knowledge blossomed wisdom. (I define wisdom as knowledge put into practice) My first stop was the Throne of Grace. I can't remember a time in my life that I have ever been so humbled. (I know it's probably killing you to not know what my trouble was but I am not going to tell you. I am not trying to be mean, I just do not want to go into all of the details) I found to my great joy that promised peace that transcends all comprehension. I was amazed! One day, no answers, I was frantic and shutdown. The next day I had no answers but I was full of peace as I continually sought God's hand. What a humbling, joyous time! I do not want to go through that pain again but it was so blessed. Whenever you are drawn closer to God it is a good thing for sure, even if the circumstances are not what you would choose!

Now I have answers and my joy is even more full! But it was not a time I look back on with fondness other than the afore mentioned closer walk with God.

It is good to be on the other side of pain. But even so there are other tunnels that are approaching but if we take what we have learned from our past trials the future tribulations don't look as dreary as they one time might have, if, that is, you have taken what you learned from past trials and apply the lessons. Remember: Wisdom.

 

Bye for now! I hope you all have a peaceful quiet weekend.

 

Bye

No comments: