Wednesday, January 9, 2008

A New Tool for A New Year--Jan. 8, 2008

So I'm looking back on the blog situation and I noticed my last post was…A LONG time ago! Bad me! NEVERTHELESS, I have not been idol! In fact, I have a neat little freeware program called "Keynote" that I use to journal almost every day. I have titled these missives "Greg's Psalms" because I pour all (I do mean ALL) my inner self into those. The design is for my eyes alone until after I go Home so I'm not too concerned.

 

I have been working with some new ideas in the story-writing arena and I am getting a new tool that I am hoping will help me to get more productive.

 

One thing that is distracting to me is the fact that when I sit down to write, I have a lot of stuff that I need and it gets scattered about my work area. Once I finish up for the session I can't just go away but I have to refocus on cleaning up and then start over the next time. This is all because my lovely wife insists on using the kitchen table for meals as well. It's most inconsiderate of her!

 

Well, there is now a solution to the problem! I have been granted, by the same wife noted above, a six foot by six foot area in our "catch-all" room to create an office space of my very own! (Greg, I wish you were closer! I would love your help on this one!) I am putting up a wall to create a cubbyhole and then I am going to make a wrap around desk that will encompass all three walls with the front left open. I will add a few shelves for books and the final phase, oh, fifteen or twenty years from now, I will add a laptop of my own! (Sound like a good idea, Kelly?)

 

My budget is about two hundred-fifty dollars and I have been watching HGTV so I have all I need! (Except the power tools! GR-E-E-E-G!)LOL!

 

Now whether I'm preparing a Sunday school lesson or actually writing I can spread out and I don't have to clean up! I will be ready for the next session and I can get to work.

 

I will try to remember to post some pictures of the progress and the final product.

 

 

 

No comments: