Friday, November 7, 2008

The Falling of the Snow -- Nov. 7, 2008

A crisp chill hung in the air as I left for work this morning. The distinct feel of snow caressed my face and I knew we'd see snow today. I also heard it from the weather guy but sometimes they forget to put their rocks out so they can't determine exactly what the weather is like at the moment.

I have a number of eccentricities about me which makes me a hard one to figure out at times but one thing I really like is to see snow falling. We can have a winter like we had last year and I still get a feeling of peaceful awe when it snows. (Note: I don't always like the results of the snow falling but I love to watch those fluffy pure flakes falling!) So, much to my delight, snow flakes were swirling around the crisp late fall air! I have often wondered what it would be like to float without a care in the world, down to a world full of cares and concerns and just maybe, add a bit of lightness to someone's day...

This reminds me of God's grace. Even the tiniest, most delicate creation on this earth can bring some tranquility to our lives if we would take a single moment to just appreciate what there is surrounding us. It's amazing what you can find when you take the time to stop and look and listen. No! Don't speak just observe. See the flakes fall; feel them on your skin as they lay their cool touch on exposed flesh; and hear...the silence. No one wants to be out in the snowy weather so silence can reign supreme; what a great go that can be! Especially if you take a walk down a park trail. What a wonderfully peaceful place to be! try it sometime. It's not that cold!

God's grace. Simple, elegant reminders are everywhere just take time to see them. Once you have experienced these joys you will never look at a snow flake in the same way, I promise you!

Bye for now!

No comments: