Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Fearfully and Wonderfully Made! -- Nov. 18, 2008

On Wednesday mornings before most of your alarm clocks are even awake I am meeting with a group of men at church. We are going through a series called Men's Fraternity. It has at least three years' worth of material and each years' material runs for about 16 weeks.

Last year I opted out but this year caught my eye. It has to do with finding out how you are built by God and leveraging that design to its fullest might to glorify God. I was really excited about this program!

Part of the program is taking an on-line personality test called, "My Design". We will be going into these evals over then next month or so but it was really fun taking time to sit down and think about your likes and dislikes. I took my eval last night. I learned some surprising things about myself and I had confirmed things I strongly suspected.

Before I read the results I had Kim read them and see what she thought and if she thought it it was accurate. Overall, she thought it was pretty accurate but there were a few odds and ends that did not fit me at all. After I read it I thought the same thing. It will be interesting to see how it all fits together once we are finished with the process.

I personally think it makes me look better than I at least think that I am but I can also be too hard on myself too. It's good to be honest with yourself both in the areas that you need to "fix" and the areas that may be strengths for you. I can be tough on myself without being honest about my strengths and that is wrong too! God has gifted all of us in certain ways and I think that it's wrong to diss the good in trying to be "humble". No, I do not think we need to brag about we can "do" because it all comes from God but what if we don't use the giftedness God has given to us? I think we dishonor the Giver along with the gift and we miss out on blessings god may have planned for us. Think about that...

For now, I will keep exploring who God has made me to be and see where He wants me to go and do! It is really exciting!

Good bye and may God direct your paths today!

No comments: