Friday, November 21, 2008

Late Night Reflections -- Nov. 21, 2008

It's Friday night and my house is quiet. Kim is in bed watching the news. Alyssa is still working. She closes tonight so she won't be home until after midnight. Logan is at the first-ever Junior High Retreat at Camp Wapsi. This leaves me me in a quiet place for a while.

I'm not overly interested in going to bed and I really want to write but my attempts to get a Helium article out have crashed into a smoldering heap. Not discouraged but still needed to bang out some words, I'm turning to the faithful blog. Where I don't have to have a real plan but I still need to make some sense since there are some folks who do read this thing!

I made a plan to spend time with Logan at least once a week. A time where we can look at God's word, talk, play a game and perhaps some other activities just to hang out together.

I have wanted to do something for a long time but I have always talked myself out of it because I did not think I could compete with PS 2. But after praying about this and having been encouraged in Men's Fraternity, I decided to just do it and an interesting thing happened: we had a great time! I am now looking forward to doing this more often.

I want to do something with Alyssa too, but it will not be quite as intensive since she is much busier, but I still think a regular time with her at lunch or some other little activity will prove to be a real blessing. It sure was with Logan! It was most encouraging and I am so grateful to the Lord that He was able to talk me into it.

When I was still at home, around Logan's age, I did not appreciate the talks I had with my folks. Since that time; however, it has become a real joy to spend time talking with my parents. I do not feel I have missed anything. I do wish I could get over to see them more often but that doesn't work out too well at this phase of life.

It is interesting how your perspective changes on certain things as you grow older and mature. I can;'t say that there are many things I still have the same perspective on that I did 25 years ago. I know that career-wise I certainly have evolved.

Well, my teeth are feeling fuzzy which means I need to brush, and I think I hear my bed's siren song, so I will sign off for now.

Have a wonderful weekend and I hope to be back on-line next week!

Bye!

No comments: