Friday, October 24, 2008

Another Friday??? -- Oct. 24, 2008

It amazes me that time appears to be moving faster the older I get. I say "appears" because time has not changed since I was a boy, twenty four hours is still twenty four hours in length but for some unusual reason my perception of time makes it appear to me that time goes faster as I get older.  I wonder what it will be like when I get to eighty years of age (Lord willing, of course!)...Will I celebrate Christmas one day and the next day be preparing for Thanksgiving the following year? It makes me grin just thinking about that!

I have never been one who was concerned about getting older and I feel like I have been growing old with grace. Oh sure, the signs of age are there and I still get a surprise when my aches and pains don't heal as fast as they used to (Ironic don't you think, in light of my theory of time seeming to be going faster!). It just has never bothered me.

Well, all this to say to you, "Welcome to Friday!" Though I have struggles that take my eyes off of Jesus and thus cause me great stress, I still look at each new day a wonderful potential for learning and growing making each day, even Monday, new and exciting! They obviously do not all turn out good but difficulties are our path to growth in trust to our God and the very life of any good story. Thus our lives, all of our lives, have the potential for great stories!

So minutes glide past on the face of each clock giving birth to new hours which in turn bring forth new days. New days bloom bright and flare brightly as they merge into the week and the weeks expand until they fill our months. Each month then adds its strength to the making of our lives; short or long. Each part of these building blocks are our opportunities for God to use us and help us to grow that His love would stir in our hearts and, as we cry out for understanding and wisdom from the Giver of Such Things, our eyes are open to those around us, our neighbors.

How do you use your time? I have to go now and put some thought into how I am spending the time given to me. There is ALWAYS room for me to improve. :-)

Have a God filled day! "Redeem the time..."

So long!

No comments: