Monday, October 13, 2008

Fast Times...Oct. 13, 2008

It has been brought to my attention that I have been spending so much time doing so many things that I have allowed any real time with God to slip away. It's time to get back on the "fast" track!

No, this will not be a food fast but a "things that take Greg's attention from God" fast; i.e.: TV, books that are just for fun reading, etc. I do this from time to time and it is no easier than a food fast. It's too easy for me to get caught up in the things I like doing and now it's time for me to make some sacrifices.

This week is going to be  a busy one outside of work. Donating plasma tonight at 1930;  tomorrow we start our SEEDS training, a new evangelism method we're employing at church starting at 0630; Wednesday is Men's Fraternity, 0600; Elder's Meeting at 1700; 1930 is another plasma donation; and last but not least, Friday at 0600 I meet with my friend and accountability partner, Jim. Oh yeah, on Saturday at 0930 I get to meet with H&R Block because this year we used them for our taxes and for the first year the State of Iowa has sent us a letter saying we owe more than what H&R Block said we did.

This looks even worse on "paper"! WOW! Oh well, that's a part of life.

Well, I'd better go! It looks like it could be a long week!

Bye for now!

No comments: