Thursday, October 9, 2008

I have a Twitter... Oct. 9, 2008

No, this is not something inappropriate for younger viewers nor is it a disease...To tell you the truth, I'm not really sure how to classify it. It is just kind of fun.

I guess I would call it a mini blog. Each entry can only be 140 characters long and it's meant to be used to answer the following question, "What're you doing today?" I really like to consider it a mini-blog or an minute by minute, "What's up?".

Here's the link if you want more info:

http://twitter.com/

Check it out for yourself and let me know what you think. It is being used in a lot of different ways including on-line marketing. No, you can't put a whole marketing scheme in Twitter but you can inform your clients of new material in 140 characters or less. Or point them to your updated web site etc.

The jury is still out as to its practicality but it is kind of fun and it would be even better if a bunch of you would jump on my "Follower" list. (If you join, I'll become one of YOUR followers as long as you let me know you joined!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't find you when I looked up your name - what are you using? Mine's "jennawoestman" because I'm not very creative...

Greg said...

I'm not too creative either...larsongp is mine.