Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Stress Alert!! -- Oct. 8, 2008

There are times in my life when all of the stresses begin to accumulate to a point where nothing seems to help. It's at this point where I know God is the only answer and to take some time to just sit back and do nothing except maybe read. I must say that in some strange manner writing helps. Though this is certainly not one of those moments of revelation, I have known this for a LONG time, it's just that it's hard to motivate myself to write when I find myself in this place.  It's a cruddy place but it does bring me to me my knees which is a good place to be, proving that the tough times are the times God cherishes most because they are the times that draw us to Him.

I don't know what this means for this weekend. I get off of call and that is always a good thing. It's homecoming for Marion so there are a number of activities planned including, odd as it may sound, a football game. The Indians play the team from Union, a very tough opponent I am told. We'll see what our guys are made of this week.

I will say that if it's nice, a walk is another welcome distraction. 

All in all God knows me, wants me to know to know Him better and He can use things like this to draw me closer. Keep this in mind because He wants YOU to get to know Him better too! :-)

Go with God on your way the rest of this week.

No comments: