Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Random Randomness -- Oct. 22, 2008

I am eating lunch right now and I want to write but I don't have any real direction so you can understand the title of today's muse.

Went to Men's Fraternity this morning and it was interesting. Our table has some fine men who are willing to open up and share and as we go through the various lessons there is a veritable feast for thought! As men we can sure find ourselves lost in all we are supposed to be doing for our families, churches, community, etc.

We went for a bit of walk and explored as far as we could to see how far the we could make it in the skywalk system. We discovered that we could access roughly half of what we could prior to the flooding this past summer. It felt more like home, walking in the skywalks but I am still waiting for the day the library will be open again.

While I was eating lunch I started reading a writing class I 'won' from one of my favorite author\teachers, Holly Lisle, about scene creation. As I was reading I found my desire to write growing once again. She has a great way motivating me. I can't say for sure what it is that motivates me but she has what it takes. I need to take an injection of discipline and to get busy! Right now I am ready.

Work has been "odd" lately. I have really enjoyed the oddness but it has been odd. I have asked for more responsibilities and have been given them and these new responsibilities have started taking over my time. I REALLY enjoy these tasks so it's not a bad thing just different. In fact, I feel a bit guilty because these tasks do not feel like work thus I feel like I'm not earning my way. But I must remember these are supplements to my "usual" work.

I am going to try to get my hair cut tonight, Lord willing. If you look at the new photo of me on this blog, you will undoubtedly notice my hippie hair. Usually my hair needs to be cut every 6-8 weeks and at 8 weeks I can not stand it anymore! I have thought about letting it grow out long again, just for kicks but I can't seem to get past the 8-week barrier. Mullet has come to mind because it's the front that drives me nuts but I'm just not cool enough for one of those things. Do a Google on 'mullet' and you'll see why I do not consider myself cool enough to sport one of those bad-boys!

Meetings, meetings, meetings! I am in another meeting in which I have no input but there seems to be a thing that my name needs to be included in all meetings. It's a curse. LOL!

I get an hour break and then more meetings.

Well, this really has been random thoughts today. I hope you are not all spinning with the change in subjects. Like I said, I wanted to write but had no clear pathway or idea so what you see is what you get.

Have a God filled day!

Bye!

No comments: