Thursday, October 2, 2008

Leadership Unveiled -- Oct. 2, 2008

Today started out early because I had an upgrade to do on our retail pharmacy system. Due to their odd schedule I had to do this at 0500 this morning. Once I got out of bed it was not too hard, but...0500?? YAWN!

That really doesn't have anything to do with leadership but it was just a "fun fact" about my day.

I have become a student of leadership. I think I enjoy it so much because I really enjoy people. I look at leadership as a way to help people grow. My boss has come along side me in my desires to get into management and has taken a direct hand in mentoring me.

He has put me into all sorts of situations and given me all sorts of extra tasks to accomplish. I have found it an exhilarating experience that has brought new life to my once hoo-hum job. It is so cool to once again be excited about the new day! Even Mondays have been better.

I have been ready books, listening to tapes, going to seminars, and, the most important part in my opinion, observing people. I like to see how people react in certain situations and then I take what I see and see if I can apply it to my life. I want to apply what they do that is good and verify and change in my own life, anything that I see in others that I don't like. It is so cool! I am really excited to see what god can do with this!

Keep leaning on the Lord and keep learning! The day you stop learning is the day your life ends. Keep up the curiosity!

Bye for now!

No comments: