Thursday, October 16, 2008

Hidden Treasures...Oct. 16, 2008

I don't like throwing things away. It seems to me that somewhere somehow I could find a use for it and, it is a known fact, that the minute I do throw it away I will need that very item the next day. However, there comes a time when I know I'm being a psycho so when I can't stand it anymore,  I employ a tool I learned a long time ago called, "Getting Brutal". This means that once you decide that you are throwing something out you do it regardless of your mental and emotional attachment to the object. It's brutal! (Thus the name...get it?!?!)

One area that I draw the line in brutality is books. I LOVE books! I have always loved books and I don't even care if I read them  or not, I love books. There's no ego here, there's no bragging, no nothing,  just a plain love of books. This love extends to notebooks as well.

I have notebooks from years back in which I wrote Bible studies or notes from a Bible study but I have saved them.

The other night I ran across some notebooks that I had been using a year or so before Kim and I got married and there, on the first page, Kim had scribbled this note, "ONLY 11 MONTHS LEFT TO GO!". She was talking about our wedding, of course!

I also found that I had written notes on an evangelistic message I wanted for our wedding since there would be people there who would never darken the door of a church outside of a wedding or funeral. (Christmas and Easter don't even make their lists!) This is where the wedding was almost off, at least at Kim's home church.

The pastor looked me in the eye and said that he would in no way do this type of message because it just did not work in this type of environment! That was the whole of his answer. I was FLOORED! What do you mean it doesn't WORK?!?! There will be people here who need to hear this message! What doesn't work??? I was THIS close to walking out and not coming back! Not that I would not have married my Kim but I was not doing it in that church!

Needless to say I DID get married, for family peace,  in that church but to this day I still feel anger toward his unwillingness to have an evangelical message for MY wedding! (I mean OUR wedding, Honey!)

(This has gotten WAY off the point I started with! Well, at least you have some history of the Larson wedding days!)

In my mini treasure hunt, I also discovered a neat study guide that I acquired some years back, how I don't recall, but I have been using that for my "fast" this week and it is REALLY cool! Simple yet it forces you to think and I love to do think! (Not real good at it but it is fun when I can focus!)  (This was where I was REALLY going before I got off track with that wedding stuff!) (Do you like Kryspy Kremes?)

I don't think books are a stumbling block for me but I hate throwing out books. If you want to win your way into my heart give me Barnes and Noble gift cards (Note the 'S' on the end of CARD. LOL!) for my birthday! I go crazy when I get those little beasties!

Well, though I could go on and on you are now bored out of your skulls so I will sign off! Have a good weekend!

REMEBER:

McCain or Obama just as long as you exercise your God given responsibility and VOTE! It's coming soon! Roughly three weeks to go!

No comments: