Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Dreams of a Dreamer-March 20, 2007

One of the things that pushed me to write was the fact that I dream. Not your dreams about the future or dreams of becoming successful or even day-dreams but plain old go-to-bed and sleep dreams. Some people can’t remember their dreams or even remember if they dreamed at all but I have been given vivid dreams that, though they are dreams because there is always something that is obviously out of phase with reality, they are dreams that have something happening, just like a story. Although it has only been me that knows much of anything about my dreams and I have never discovered a good scientific method for measuring my dreams, time seems to be different in my dreams. The dream can be so deep and have so much going on that it seems like it was an epic all-night event. Other times I have the same sensation of epic-ness (I may have just coined a new word! J) but I know for a fact I looked at the clock only thirty minutes before the dream started. I have had so many types of dreams. I have had romantic dreams, swashbuckling dreams, nightmares of all sorts and dreams about work (These are actually the worst because I wake up feeling as though I have worked all night!). I have had dreams that I have enjoyed so much that I was actually depressed to wake up and realize that I had been dreaming. I have had dreams that those who believe in Jesus are just waiting for His return. Though no man knows the day of His return in my dreams we do know and are just waiting. That is very exciting! I consider that a great blessing! I have also had dreams that are sinful in nature. I had thought there was nothing I could do about those type of dreams since they were after all dreams, but at some point, I don’t remember who I heard it from or if it just came in to my heart perhaps by the prompting of the Holy Spirit, it come to me to ask God to protect my dreams from those types of imagery and He answered. I now make it a habit to ask Him to guard my dreams before I go to bed each night. That is very cool! We have a little boy, perhaps seven or eight years old, that lives down the block from us and who we have seen at many events at school because I think he has a brother who is of the age to participate with my son in these events, who I believe was born blind. I can’t say for sure because I have never talked to his parents to find out. Anyway, regardless of what his circumstance is, he made me wonder about people who are born blind and maybe even those who have become blind later in life. What do they dream about? Especially if you had been born blind and never had any ocular experiences. Well, I am signing off now and ready for another night of wonder in the land of dreams!

No comments: