Monday, March 12, 2007

Late on March 12th

Good morning y'all. No, I am not from Texas but I love the y'all's! It just seems so friendly! Some of the most friendly people I know are from the southern part of our great nation. I worked with a gentleman from El Passo this past week, he is very good at disguising his accent but once in a while a "y'all" will slip out and I love it! I had a chance to see an old friend from Georgia this weekend and it was so refreshing! She loves the Lord with her whole heart. She laughs a lot and can't get enough of telling others how much Jesus has done in her life! I found that I was embarrassed...not by what she said but because I see in her how I wish I were in my walk. I would love to have Jesus rule every area of my life and heart. I was also reminded that I am not her, I am who I am and the Lord has a different path for me to take but I still long for Him to rule in every area of my life. The term "whole hearted" or "diligence" is a theme that continues to reverbeate through my heart and mind. I am quite discouraged by my lack of diligence but I am encouraged to note that the Lord has not given up on me nor will He give up on you. If you are struggling today with anything, bring it to the Throne of God's wonderful grace! He is waiting to help you. Perhaps you are not a christian. Perhaps you are someone searching for...something. You have an emptiness in your heart that nothing seems to fill. I know what it is that created that hole. I could better say I know WHO created that hoile, it is God. He created us with a hole in our hearts that can not be filled with anything but Him. You can rail against this truth but the hole in your heart will not be healed until you look to Jesus. The peace and joy that will fill your heart will be beyond understanding and you will be amazed at what a new heart feels like. This is not to say that you will not experience pain and trouble, because you will, but you will find that God will be with you through any and every trial you go through. There is not a storm that you will pass through that God will not go with you. If you are searching look to God. He does have the answers and He is willing to pass them onto you. Good Bye for now. I hope you will take this missive to heart today. Greg

No comments: