Monday, September 8, 2008

Floating on Helium -- Sept. 8, 2008

You may recall that I took up residence on a web site called Helium.com a few months back. Since that time I have reviewed almost two hundred articles (called 'rating' on the web site) and now have written five articles.

In one way or another I have liked all the articles I have written but mostly they have ranked in the 50-60% area in terms of the number of articles written for a given topic.

This past weekend I wanted to write and was intrigued by a title that came to my attention called "Thief on The Cross". Earlier in the week that topic had come to my mind, the reason escapes me at the moment, but there it was in all of it's glory. I had to write!

It took me a good three hours, which is typical for a 400-1500 report including some rewriting, but I succeeded in doing it.

I published it out to the sight and left it alone for critique.

There were only three others that had published to this title so I figured I couldn't do much worse than fourth but I felt pretty good about this article.

The next day I went out to investigate and low-and -behold I was number 1! That's right, my article was chosen the best out of four! I was really excited and there is no better motivation to write than to get some good critiques! I had to praise the Lord for His kindness toward me! I am still pretty stoked! (Is 'stoked' still ok to use now days?? Oh well, I used it anyway!)

By the way, the number one rating doesn't mean a whole lot in and of itself but as I rate others and as my writing improves and I start nailing articles in the 25% range, I can earn money. And YES I have earned money as of this writing! (At this point if you struggle with greed or are inclined to jealousy you'll want to turn away for a moment while I brag about my writing income!) I have earned, sit down now, $0.02! Yes you did see that correctly! Two Cents! One cent for an article I wrote a while back and one cent for the other! They were both in 50-60% range so I can't wait to see if I get paid for my No. 1 article! I would think five or maybe even, dare I think such extravagant thoughts, ten cents! WOW! (I'm quitting my day job, Honey!) Honestly, I'm not sure how I get paid it has never been clear to me but getting a no. 1 article sure was a boost of encouragement to continue!

This has fired my imagination for another blog that I would like to start but I have not worked out the details yet so I'm not sure how or when I will start it but it is tumbling around in my noodle at this time.

If you would like to read my articles click on the helium.com link on the left of this page and it will take you to my articles page on helium.com. Feel free to give me feedback as I am always wanting to improve my writing skills!

Put the Lord first in all you do and He will guide you in His will!

Good Bye, all!

No comments: