Monday, September 29, 2008

A New Record! -- Sept. 29, 2008

I have set a brand new record! This is a not a record I was trying to break nor have I been training for it but it just goes to show you how perseverance can overcome any obstacle!

The record, you ask? First let me say that the previous record was two hours and now the record is ZERO hours! That's right! Zero, Zip, Zilch, Nada, Big Fat Goose Egg 0! This record was for hours slept. (my eye is twitching. I'm so proud!) Yes I got no sleep last night. Surprisingly I feel pretty good so far but I know that once lunch is done I am toast.

Though it was a sleepless night it was not fruitless. I had a lot of thoughts that I was able to weed through, prayer was involved, and I came up with some new writing ideas, so all in all, not too bad if I can make it through...fourteen more hours! No problem! I just can't stop moving for one moment, eat lunch or lay down on the bosses' desk for too long. Should be no prob...YAAAWNNN--lem.

That's it for now. When the throttle of your mind sticks open thoughts come unbidden to your mind and one shows up boundless others are sure to follow. Think, if you will, of a small hole in a dam. Once a little water starts flowing it's not long before the entire reservoir pours through. Get your life jackets! Or better yet, your Tylenol PM!

 

Bye for now! I'm off to see if the boss is using his desk.

No comments: