Monday, September 22, 2008

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner! -- Sept. 22, 2008

Well we went to Adventureland on my company this past Saturday and had a nice time even though we missed Alyssa.

Before we hit the park we had the privilege of meeting with the Holmes as they were in Des Moines for a family get together. It was so nice to see them even though it was for a short time. It is always a blessing for me to sit and talk with Greg.

Anyway be broke away from that fun and headed for the park. We all were hungry and lunch is usually around 1130 and goes until 1300 but...

We got to the park and found our tickets and instantly noticed a mistake, a real typo right on the ticket. Instead of 1130 the ticket proclaimed lunch was at 1300! That had to be a mistake, my stomach wouldn't lie! I boldly proclaimed to my starving family as we dragged our weakened bodies across the tarmac that I would straighten it all out by walking right into the Palace Theater and prove to them it was a mistake! 1300 has always been the ending time not the starting time!

As it turned out the ticket was correct so we had to find someway to distract our stomachs for a whole hour and a half! Do you realize how difficult it can be to try and soothe a cantankerous stomach let alone THREE cantankerous stomachs?!? Not pleasant, let me assure you! It took all my will power not to break down and get a funnel cake...for each of us!

We did make it until lunch but only because some kind soul opened the doors early. We went at 1245 to get in line and discovered to our joy the doors were already opened, there was not much of a line and the food was ready!

Tears streamed down our cheeks as we cried out with joy at the sight of people serving our lunch. OUR lunch! I sobbed to the older man whose line I had stepped into and with tear stained cheeks I went to kiss his him for the bounty of his grace toward my family and me! I suspect that the joy we felt was contagious because he has not been seen since he screamed and ran out the door. It's good to be able to be an encouragement to others!

Another perk of coming to Adventureland on IHS day is that during lunch they have door prizes. Usually they hand out gift certificates from various businesses and just as usual I never win, so as we finished our lunch we decided it would not be worth the effort to see EVERYONE else gather there prizes so we headed back out to the park.

Later I met a friend who told me I won! I scowled at him for making fun of me and the winless streak I was on. I threatened to bring him to HR for...for...well, for something! It's never a nice thing to tease someone in regards to their shortcomings!

So today I went straight up to HR and told them what I thought about my friend and his callous treatment and wondered what form of torture they would inflict on him, thumb screws I was hoping, when lo and behold they handed me an envelope with my prize. MY PRIZE! I had won! It's a first! No it was not a chicken dinner but a gift certificate to Wal-Mart but, come to think of it, they do have chicken dinners so it might turn out to be a chicken dinner after all! Very cool! SO flexible!

Ok I'm back. Sorry about all of that! My mind left but my fingers stayed behind and just kept typing. Oh well, I don't have time to fix it now so I'll just leave it for now!

Have a wonderful day and if I don't see you before have a good weekend too!

Bye.

No comments: