Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Today is the Day...Sept. 17, 2008

I have two more articles in the chute but one is just barely started and I'm not having near the success with that one as I thought I would when I first jotted the idea down so it sits there staring at me with accusing eyes wondering where the flare went. I can't answer that right now.

However, I have a full first draft done on the second article that I wrote last night but it needs rewriting so it's not ready for the limelight yet, but at least I have the first draft done. I have more hope for this article than I do for the first one mentioned here. This article is not being quite so elusive although I have this unrealistic notion that all my articles should flow freely from inspiration instead of that being the exception and work and sweat being the norm. Well, as they say, "Forewarned is forearmed". Cool saying but who are "they" anyway? I think they must be quite influential because "they" say a lot of things; some of the things "they" say are even profound.

Today is my last day of work as I will be heading off to an Evantell conference with some of my fellow elders. We leave at 0630 tomorrow morning and return on Friday afternoon. It should be a great time and I pray the Lord will take what we learn and help us to disseminate to our church family that we could all employ what we've learned for fruitful labor for the Lord.

On Saturday the company I work for is having a day at Adventureland for us and we are going. The sad news is that Alyssa will not be able to go with us as she has other pressing business but at least Kim will be there to keep Logan and I in line. Tall order, Honey!

Well, I'm signing off for now. Have a God filled day and week!

Bye!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ADVENTURELAND! How I'd love to go spend a day there - just talking about that place makes Joey and I nostalgic for Iowa. Although, the last time we went to Six Flags down here we rode too many rides and made ourselves sick within an hour. Here's hoping you have better luck than we did. HAVE FUN! Make Alyssa go on the Silly Silo.

Anonymous said...

Next time she goes, that is, to make up for the fact that she has to miss this trip.