Thursday, September 25, 2008

I Have A Plan...--Sept. 25, 2008

I have a plan. This may not seem like a big deal to most of you, especially you "planner" types, but to me it is a step in the right direction, at least I think it's a step forward.

Saturday promises to be a nice day and my yard needs some spring cleaning. No, I am not confused, at least not any more confused than normal. (OK! I AM confused but it has nothing to do with my plan so back off!)  I know it's Fall but my yard did not get its annual cleaning this year. That time of year that I pull all the weeds and trim all of the foliage and generally make the trash man unhappy. Not a bad plan in and of itself but that is not all! (I know what you're thinking here: "How could it get more elaborate?")

Well, here is where I plan to kill two birds with one stone. (Where'd the stones come from?) I have been weighted down with guilt about my lack of time I have been spending with my wonderful family. My daughter is at the age where she has so many things going on that she makes Buggsy the Famous Juggler (C'mon! You have to have heard of Buggsy!) look like a fraud! She is BUSY and handling it with poise and in-human responsibility! I am not only amazed but incredibly proud but she never has the time for me to tell her so! So here it is, Alyssa:
I am PROUD of you! Keep up the good work! (She's probably too busy to read this but I tried!) Logan is busy with TV, video games and football. I would add school but he does not formally recognize school as an activity worth mentioning! And Kim she is her usual motherly self busy keeping our house rolling along.

So Saturday I am planning an adventure in the yard. After saying all I said I am offer Alyssa an escape because she has been so busy and has very little downtime. She is very welcome to join us but it is not a requirement for her.

Kimberly also has the choice since she has other household activities that could occupy her time but again she would be most welcome to join us.

Logan and I have a mandatory roll this Saturday. I have any number of tasks which would allow us to work side by side and gain in two ways: 1) we gain satisfaction form a job well done; 2) We get to spend time together away from electronic diversions!
I realize that this is not necessarily a "fun" activity for Logan but I wanted us to do something together. Again this is open to the whole family but the girls will have an out. Besides, us men will be hungry for lunch after we do all that work!

Ready or not family, here Saturday comes!

By the by, Kyle, you are welcome to join us too!

No comments: