Friday, September 12, 2008

Title Change? New Blog?? -- Sept. 12, 2008

I am just coming off another week of call and it wasn't to bad, but it's ALWAYS good to be coming off of cal as opposed to just starting call..."Only seven more days of call left" I'd say wryly at 5:00 PM on Friday night of my first day of call.  Usually the worst part of being on-call is a mental game--"I have to start call tomorrow! Woe-is-me!"  (Usually!) In reality call is normally not that bad. It really doesn't hinder plans too often.

I have another article I'm working on on how to study your Bible.  I have it mostly done but as I was re-reading it, it just didn't flow like I wanted it to so I need to do some revising. This will be my second how-to article and though I am writing instructions for installing software multiple times a day I find this type of article the most challenging so far.

This will be my sixth article, doubling my previous output. It is really exciting to me as I begin to become more prolific! I really like writing and I am especially enjoying these shorter articles right now. Perhaps it's because it's helping me to grow in the writing mechanics and helping me to become more comfortable in the whole writing arena. I still would like to do a novel  or six but for now I am content in writing these smaller articles.

I still am not sure how I'm really doing, if my writing is any good, but it is great to just to write! The rating system on helium.com goes a goodly way toward a benchmark but it can't compete with the verbal feedback of a writers group. I may have to see if the Noble Pen is still meeting and get back in with them. they always had good feedback for writers. I'll see.

As much as I have actually been writing lately the "Lazy Writer no longer applies, I may have to change the title. Having said that I'm not even close to some of the writers on Helium. Most have a at least one writing star and have written tens if not hundreds of articles. WOW! I have  ways to go. But guess what? I'm not them, I'm me and me (I? No, me is funnerer) has only five articles completed to date and one in the tube ready to launch.

One thing that I have been exploring is starting a second blog that I would entitle, "Triple E". This stands for Enlightenment, Encouragement, and Entertainment.

I would use this site to write articles that would have the three-fold purpose of enlightening folks to God and the many benefits of His kingdom, encourage those who are looking for hope, and, hopefully, some entertaining short stories as well. Triple E! (Get it?)

I have not put any more thought into than that but I want it to be professional and well thought out so you probably won't see it before the beginning of the year, Lord willing.

If you're looking for something to pray about and don't have anything better to pray for, this could be a good subject.

Good bye for now! Go in God's grace and may His mercy find you every moment of every day.

Bye!

No comments: